Melissa Snyder nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. You can link into her blog post about the nomination here.
I want to thank Melissa for acknowledging my blog. I feel very honored and so grateful for this attention. Thank you so much!
I started blogging because every time I go on vacation or eat somewhere that I absolutely loved or didn’t love, or went somewhere exciting, or had an awesome day, I shared these moments with everyone I knew.
I also loved to write. I’ve been writing since I was 12. Writing poetry, short stories and in my diary.
I shared all my experiences with my family, friends and even strangers.
Then suddenly everyone is telling me I should blog about it, and here I am. Doing exactly that.
Mind you, in the beginning, it was kind of scary writing and hitting the publish button.
I was afraid of getting criticized or that nobody will read what I have to say. But you know what? When my children said to me “mommy who cares what people say or think? Do what you love, it makes you happy.!”
So here I am. This makes me happy. This is why I am a blogger. For me and for you, who wants to listen to what I have to say.
This award means everything to me. It means I have value in the Blogger world and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Link to the blog of the person who nominated you.
3. Say 7 facts about yourself.
7 Facts About Myself
1. I’m adopted. I don’t know who my biological family is. I don’t think I ever will. I was born in the Philippines and when I was just a couple weeks old, my birth mother left to go to the store and never came back. She left me with the family she worked for as a maid. They took me in and gave me my name. Maria-Teresa.
2. I’m married to a man who spoils me rotten. We met in high school in 1982. He is Guyanese. He is tall and beautiful and oh so giving. He was my savior when I had nothing, and I am forever grateful for him coming into my life.
3. I have three children. Amanda-Danielle, Bronson and Joshua. They are my great supporters, my constant sun in my life. They make me laugh and they are my entire world. I’m an over-protective mother.
4. I have two big friggin Rottweilers. Mason who is 6, and Tyberious who is 2. They make the house messy and chaotic at times, but they are our protectors. Looking into their eyes make my heart melt every time. (ps) Don’t come sneaking around my house at night!
5. I love music and singing. They go hand in hand. Every chance I have the house to myself, I crank my music and sing as loud as I can. It makes me happy.
6. I can live in a suitcase and in a hotel on a moments notice! I need a change of scenery, change of smell, change of culture, every once in a while. I need sand between my toes and the sun’s caress over my entire body. This makes me entirely happy.
7. I’m in and out of depression. Sometimes, it visits only for a short time, sometimes it overstays. Talking to a psychologist helps me a lot. To be able to speak authentically without judgment and without criticism is the right environment I need to be.
My 15 Nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award
1. @thestoryofJS – Website
2. @jilylo – Website
3. @fluxingwell – Website
4. @bournemouthgirl – Website
5. @blogandreea – Website
6. @simonexmakeup – Website
7. @teaandcakesoul – Website
8. @joyfultinylife – Website
9. @libby_james – Website
10. @TIBtraveller – Website
11. @thepreppingwife – Website
12. @blushnbutterfly – Website
13. @sinceremommy2 – Website
14. @believexbalance – Website
15. @topmindfulnotes – Website